COMPANY: Steadfast Safety Services
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
SALARY: $50000 — $55000
You’re looking for two things in your career. The opportunity to do highly varied and interesting work, utilizing your full set of technical skills, and the opportunity to do something that will impact the everyday life of your customers.
We’re Steadfast Safety Services, and we’ve been in business since 1987, helping commercial and industrial business protect themselves from the danger of fire. Our work ensures that in the unlikely event of an emergency, our client’s equipment is working at maximum capacity.
Thanks to rapid growth in our business, we are now looking for a new Fire Extinguisher Service and Sales Technician to help us continue our mission.
Your goal in this position is inspect, and perform repairs, on various types of industrial and commercial fire equipment, primarily fire extinguishers fire hoses and emergency lighting systems.
You’re someone who not only has great mechanical and electrical aptitude, but who also has a commitment to learning and development. You’re able to learn our full line of products and codes, and commit yourself to our extensive training programs.
You’re also a natural communicator and relationship builder, able to build trust with our clients through your confidence and competence. You’re honest and trustworthy, and dedicated to the role
Practically speaking, you will:
- Travel to job sites throughout the GTA, inspecting commercial and industrial fire extinguishers, fire hoses, and emergency lighting systems
- Provide on the spot quotes for repairs, and conduct all necessary technical repair work
- Find opportunities for further service and sales
- Maintain great relationships with clients, communicating effectively and honestly
- Complete jobs efficiently and on time, with the highest degree of safety and quality
Working @ Steadfast
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday 7:00am-5:00pm, dependent on job site location. Once you’re fully trained and certified, you may also occasionally be required to travel out of town to service our clients.
We offer a highly competitive first year on-target salary of $50,000-$55,000, and NO cap on your commission, giving you unlimited earning potential. We also offer extensive benefits, company vehicle and gas card, cell phone and technology, and provide full training opportunities.
This is a terrific opportunity to do highly interesting work with a stable, growing company and make a great salary while doing so.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Experience in a business to business or business to consumer sales role
- Solid mechanical or technical aptitude (ie. hobby mechanic, mechanical technician)
- Experience working with low-voltage electricity
- Experience working on fire extinguishers and fire hoses, inspection, recharging and repairs
- Experience working with emergency lighting systems
- Provide your own set of hand tools
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
How To Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.